Are you passionate about education, refugees, cultural preservation, and human rights?
Interested in gaining experience at a startup in the humanitarian field?
Join the Books Unbound team!
Our group of artists, designers, and educators have come together to create culturally tailored educational materials to foster community-based learning, healthy lifestyle choices, and creativity in refugee communities around the world. As we look to continue scaling our impact, we require more support.
Scroll down for more info!
Check out our current internship opportunities for 2022. We accept applications on a rolling basis.
Each position is:
- Flexible, fully remote (5 – 10 hours / week)
We are seeking a high school or college student who is:
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented & has excellent computer skills
- Able to meet deadlines and weekly quotas
- Proficient in English
- Able to work independently and with others
- Able to work remotely
Bonus points for a student who:
- Speaks more than 1 language
- Grew up outside of the United States
- Has experience working with refugees / immigrants or is a refugee / immigrant themself
Research and Data Intern
This individual will collaborate on research and data initiatives in order to deepen our understanding and scale our impact.
- Conduct any necessary research for current Books Unbound data projects
- Assist in developing and updating data collection, analysis, implementation, and reporting process
- Research regional areas receiving Ukrainian, Afghan, and Rohingya refugees to better inform partnership and outreach team of target locations and organizations
Outreach & Partnership Intern
This individual will seek to identify and contact quality partnerships and customers that align with our vision in North America, Europe, and Asia!
- Research and contact organizations within your assigned partner and customer segment
- Email and call contacts, systematize your outreach and follow-ups
- Meet weekly outreach quota
- Track identified potential partner data on collaborative excel sheet
Media and Web Design Intern
This individual will work to creatively promote the mission of Books Unbound through graphic and visual design on our social media and website.
- Social media management and content creation
- Assist Books Unbound team with development and implementation of fundraising or project campaigns when needed
- Research and write content for social media and website
- Storytelling and editing for Books Unbound blog posts when needed
- Update and conduct necessary maintenance on the Books Unbound website
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) prior knowledge is an asset
- Experience with Canva, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and/or Affinity Design is an asset
- Experience with WordPress preferred