Picture Dictionary Project
Communities using our Picture Dictionary
Want to sponsor a community and introduce the Picture Dictionary to them?
More info here!
The Bangla Community
Our Picture Dictionary is designed to be modified for each community.
We created it to meet the following objectives:
- Vocabulary Development: Learning a relevant language through the essential vocabulary provided in the Picture Dictionary.
- Problem Solving: Reinforcing critical thinking skills through illustrations of relevant problems within the community.
- Creativity: Providing a platform for art-based activities to enhance creativity.
The Picture Dictionary: What’s In It?
- The Basics [alphabet, numbers, colors, shapes]
- Myself [my face, my body, my clothes, emotions, I like / I don’t like]
- Food [food, drinks, fruits, vegetables, kitchen, I have / I don’t have]
- People [my family, my friends, opposites]
- Everyday [what time is it, everyday, hobbies, jobs]
- Let’s Go [traveling, places, animals]
- Health [symptoms, stay healthy, emergencies, disasters, infrastructure]
- Map [contextualized map of the local area]